Hi, I am Steven Hatzakis, thanks for visiting my website. This page is mainly about some of my work, present and historical, including contractual/advisory (portfolio) and select published work. For a categorical description of my services, to learn more click here, or ask about hiring me directly.
Background of Steven Hatzakis Inc’s founder: Deep Fintech Industry Reserach
I started my career in finance in foreign exchange sales in 1998 and have nearly 20 years of experience financial services (Finserv) and working for Financial Technology (Fintech) companies.
- I am a registered Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) and maintain a Series III license with the National Futures Association (NFA) as a Registered Commodity Services Representative.
Since 2016, I’ve been the voice of ForexBrokers.com (A Reink Media Group brand/company), heading the research and content process, through a rigorous data-driven approach that produces the most trusted and non-bias online broker reviews.
I’ve published financial industry news on FinanceMagnates.com, and technical analysis on foreign exchange and derivatives market prices for regulated online multi-asset brokers.
- I’ve also authored software user manuals for online trading platforms, including e-books, and numerous web pages, technical white papers, and research on related company websites.
- I develop software and have contributed to open-source code repositories, such as on Github.com.
I provide content writing services while advising and consulting on public relations (PR) strategy for independent service providers (ISPs) including writing press releases for news announcements.
I also serve as an advisor to blockchain start-ups within the Fintech community, with a specialty in global capital markets (foreign exchange, securities, and derivatives) and alternative investments including digital assets such as cryptocurrencies and emerging cybersecurity and industry best practices.
- I also research cryptography as it pertains to the new rise of digital assets and the emerging blockchain economy and a contributor to several open-source projects including the WorldWideWeb Consortium (W3C) Crypto repository (Cryptography API) on Github.
Since 2007, I’ve attended nearly 40 finance industry events around the globe. I am passionate about blockchain projects that pose to be socially transformative and the exploration of new structures of governance models used within public and private social networks that rely on cryptographic assets held by users.
You can see more about my background and connect with me via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/shatzakis
- ✍ MuckRack portfolio: https://www.muckrack.com/steven-hatzakis/portfolio
- MuckRack featured writer: https://muckrack.com/daily/2016/05/24/featured-journalist-steven-hatzakis
I’ve been quoted by Minyanville, an Emmy-award winning publication, for my post in 2013 about bitcoin arbitrage and cryptocurrency market inefficiencies which appeared on Yahoo Finance:
— CoinDesk (@coindesk) December 12, 2013
Steven Hatzakis joins Reink Media: https://www.reinkmedia.com/2016/09/steven-hatzakis-joins-reink-media-as-global-director-of-research-forex-futures
- ForexBrokers.com beta launches http://www.stockbrokers.com/news/forexbrokers-com-beta-launches/
- StockBrokers.com announces that the 2017 Annual Forex Broker Review is published on ForexBrokers.com 📊http://www.stockbrokers.com/news/2017-forex-review-published-forexbrokers-com
- Press Release: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/04/prweb14213542.htm
Guest articles I wrote for YieldStreet – a U.S. Registered Investment Adviser (RIA):
— Steven Hatzakis (@shatzakis) August 16, 2017
I am a native New Yorker with international work, living, and travel✈ experience.
Since 2007📅, I’ve attended 34 industry events in both the U.S. and Internationally:
- NIBA Conference NY (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- NIBA Conference Chicago (2007, 2011)
- CTA Expo Conference Chicago (2011)
- FX Week USA NY (2008, 2009) [Exhibitor]
- Traders Expo NY (2010, 2011) [Exhibitor]
- Traders Expo NY (2008, 2009, 2012,2019)
- Traders Expo Las Vegas (2009) [Exhibitor]
- 12th Annual Business Banking Chicago (2007)
- FIA Expo Chicago (2007) [Exhibitor]
- SIFMA eTrading Conference NY (2007)
- SIFMA Technology Conference NY (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Lightspeed Financial Golf Classic Charity Event CT (2011) [Guest]
- NIBA Conference NY (2012) [Panelist Speaker]
- iFX Expo Cyprus (2012)
- Geneva Forex Event March (2014) [Member of media]
- iFX Expo Cyprus (2014) [Exhibitor, Moderator Speaker]
- iFX Expo Hong Kong (2016)
- FIX Americas Briefing New York (2016) [Member of media]
- Empire Startups Fintech Event New York (2016) [Member of media]
- Finance Magnates London Summit (2016)
- iFX Expo International Cyprus (2017) [Moderator Speaker]
- Fintech Week New York Blockchain Event (2017)
- ICO Conference New York Event (2017)
- Finance Magnates London Summit (2017) [Sponsor]
- iFX Expo Hong Kong (2018) [Moderator Speaker/Media Partner]
- EMBCA, NYC (2018) [Speaker/ Panelist]
- Blockhous: Cryptoanalytics, NYC (2018) [ Speaker/ Panelist]
- Finance Magnates London Summit (2018) [Moderator/Sponsor]
- Finance Magnates London Summit (2019) [Moderator/Sponsor]
iFX Expo Asia (Macao) 2020 [Moderator/Sponsor]postponed due Coronavirus
- New York Traders Expo 2020 [Moderator/Speaker]
- Virtual Vision Finance 2020 [Moderator/Speaker]
Media coverage excerpts in reverse chronological order:
CME Group sponsored this panel at the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX): https://www.theniba.com/recap-forex-exchange-traded-or-cash-april-18-2012-new-york-city-conference
🎥🎤 Video recap of the panel I moderated during the 2014 iFX Expo International:
— Steven Hatzakis (@shatzakis) May 19, 2017
— Steven Hatzakis (@shatzakis) May 19, 2017
Media Coverage📰 📷 from 2017 iFX Expo International:
— Steven Hatzakis (@shatzakis) May 24, 2017
Will Robots Take Over FX Trading? Panel at iFX Expo International 2017, story via FinanceMagnates https://t.co/WiyGMOGsqs
— Steven Hatzakis (@shatzakis) May 24, 2017
🎥🎤 video recap of a fintech panel I moderated about Artificial Intelligence (A.I.) and Automation during the 2017 iFX Expo International:
🎥🎤 video recap of a fintech panel I moderated about marketing during the 2017 iFX Expo International:
🎥 🎬 Television interview on Dukascopy TV in Switzerland, as an Editor for FinanceMagnates:
📷 On the floor of the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) during the market opening:
🎥 🎬 Moderating a panel about digital assets in Asia at the 2018 iFX Expo in Hong Kong:
— Steven Hatzakis, Fintech Researcher & Consultant (@shatzakis) January 24, 2018
Coverage by @financemagnates of the #ICO panel at the @iFXEXPO in #hongkong yesterday, discussing #cryptocurrencies, #crowdfunding#regulation and the need for more industry best practices: https://t.co/ZNvNtlgmgR
— Steven Hatzakis, Fintech Researcher & Consultant (@shatzakis) January 25, 2018
Video iFX Expo Hong Kong 2018 Panel: ICOs in Asia: New Era Or The Beginning Of The End
Following a talk hosted by the EMBCA that I participated on, the National Herald wrote about our discussion about cryptocurrencies: https://www.thenationalherald.com/192136/embca-blockchain-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies-discussion/
Talk during a New York State Senate Round Table on Cryptocurrency and the Bitlicense:
- Video recap from a fireside chat I participated in regarding cryptoanalytics, organized by Blockhous and hosted at Merakia in New York City: https://youtu.be/MxiXCqeXMyE
- Here is an article published in TheStreet.com on April 12th 2018 that I was quoted in regarding Bitcoin: https://www.thestreet.com/investing/bitcoin-continues-its-slide-will-bulls-or-bears-prevail-14551831
- Here is an article published in TheStreet.com on June 11th 2018 that I was quoted in regarding Bitcoin: https://www.thestreet.com/opinion/cryptocurrency-backed-by-institutional-money-from-ice-goldman-14606026
- Article on Bitcoin.com about a list of Decentralized Exchanges (DEX) that I’ve contributed to on Github: https://news.bitcoin.com/decentralized-exchange-compendium-index-lists-over-200-dex-platforms
- Part I Interview with FxStreet.com’s Crypto unit published on July 3rd, 2018: https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurrencies/news/the-crypto-system-is-the-largest-arms-race-in-decades-steven-hatzakis-201807031444
- Part II Interview with FxStreet.com’s Crypto unit published July 5th, 2018:: https://www.fxstreet.com/cryptocurrencies/news/the-crypto-system-is-the-largest-arms-race-in-decades-interview-with-steven-hatzakis-part-2-201807051332
The panel about Retail Forex Brokers After ESMA, that moderated at the Finance Magnates London Summit in November 2018:
Gitcoin: I became an Ambassador for Gitcoin, a transparent bounty-marketplace for open-source software developers to fund issues and bounties to improve open-source code and develop blockchain program applications, with a focus on blockchain and the cryptocurrency community: https://medium.com/gitcoin/introducing-the-gitcoin-ambassadors-7eddb5f4d507
In December 2018, I agreed to help lead Financial Commission‘s Blockchain Expert Committee: https://financialcommission.org/2018/12/04/financial-commission-appoints-steven-hatzakis-as-head-of-blockchain-expert-committee and wrote an open letter to fellow committee members in January 2019: https://financialcommission.org/letter-from-steven-hatzakis-head-of-blockchain-expert-committee/
To learn more about the Blockchain Association click here.
On February 18, 2019, I published the 3rd ForexBrokers.com Annual Review live from Detroit: https://twitter.com/i/moments/1097891450061275137
Writing for BCAVentures.com, I published this article about consumer cybersecurity in Hackernoon on March 29, 2019: https://hackernoon.com/the-future-of-staying-safe-online-now-c078e740e0f
Video recap of the panel I moderated at the Finance Magnates 2019 London Summit:
The 4th Annual Forex Broker Review
In February of 2020, I had the honor of publishing the 4th annual forex broker review on ForexBrokers.com, and accepted the opportunity to help assist leading the annual review for StockBrokers.com, a sibling-brand under our parent company Reink Media Group:
New York Traders Expo 2020
In early March 2020, I had the pleasure of moderating a panel at the New York Traders Expo, on behalf of StockBrokers.com, reviewing the results of our Best Online Brokers 2020 review, with representatives from several US online brokerages including Fidelity, TradeStation, and Lightspeed.
In June 2020, I had the pleasure of moderating a virtual panel at the Virtual Vision Finance conference:
To see a full list of the projects and companies I support, connect with me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/shatzakis/